- Managing and organising surgery and maternity wards.
- Performing clinical activities, with a special focus on surgical or obstetrical urgencies and emergencies.
- Monitoring the data collection system and supervising the management of drugs and medical supplies in the wards of competence.
- Collaborate with the other doctors to guarantee a good functioning of the hospital in all its parts, including on-call guards and night calls.
- Contribute to on-the-job and formal training of ward personnel.
- Collaborate in any operational research and scientific documentation activities.
- Act as a tutor of a resident doctor involved in our Junior Project Officer program (if required).
- Degree in Medicine and Specialisation or equivalent qualification in Surgery.
- Good knowledge of English, French or Portuguese (depending on the country of destination).
- Professional experience in surgery and surgical management of obstetrical emergencies.
- Preferable previous experience – working or volunteering – in fragile or low income countries.
- Ability of adapting skills and competencies to contexts with limited resources and capacity to effectively cooperate with the national staff.
- Availability to stay in the field for 6-12 months.