In the respect of project objectives and following the guidelines of the NGO and donors, the administrative personnel ensures correct procedures for economic and financial management, adequate administrative and financial reporting, logistic support and procurement of necessary materials. Their specific activities are:
- Ensure the timely updating of the project accounts.
- Ensure the presence of correct documentation to report expenses and activities performed.
- Monitor the state of project expenditure.
- Manage the contracts of national personnel, in compliance with the relevant country-specific regulations.
- Coordinate and manage national staff with administrative and general service tasks.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and procurement procedures.
- Support project managers in the elaboration of financial reports.
- In the case of a financial audit, participate in the audit and collect and check the required documents.
- Accounting diploma, Degree in Economics or similar.
- Good knowledge of English, French or Portuguese (depending on the country of destination).
- Professional experience in the administrative field.
- Preferable previous experience – working or volunteering – in fragile or low income countries.
- Ability of adapting skills and competencies to a context with low income and capacity to effectively cooperate with the national staff.
- Availability to stay in the field for 6-12 months.