- Supervising logistic aspects in the area.
- Organising and coordinating the use of vehicles, as well as the transportation of materials and staff.
- Train, supervise and coordinate national personnel in the logistic area.
- Managing material procurement, warehousing and stock management
- Supervising maintenance, rehabilitation or construction works.
- Supervising health facilities and equipment in order to identify any structural problems and intervene promptly.
- Ensure that adequate standards are maintained in staff houses.
- Supervising the management of means of communication
- Ensure the availability of all the documentation necessary for the reporting of expenses and activities and relating to the procedures followed.
- Ensure a correct management of purchases, applying adequate procurement procedures.
- Technical supervision of maintenance and rehabilitation works.
- Coordinate, train and supervise the national staff in charge of maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Supervising the facilities in order to identify and solve technical problems related to the electrical, hydraulic and solar systems.
- Ensure an adequate logistic and residential setting, preparing a plan for the routine maintenance of infrastructure and equipment, and planning and carrying out any extraordinary maintenance or rehabilitation work.
- Establishing and maintaining good relations with contractors and service providers, and monitoring their work on the field.
- Install new biomedical equipment and guide the health personnel in its proper utilisation.
- Elaborate timely technical reports.
- Ensure proper storage of materials and stock management.
- Ensure the availability of all documentation necessary for the reporting of expenses and activities and related procedures.
- Good knowledge of English, French or Portuguese (depending on the country of destination).
- Previous professional experience in logistics: transport, maintenance, small rehabilitations (for organisational logisticians).
- Previous professional experience in electrical and plumbing maintenance and rehabilitation (for the maintenance technician)
- Preferable previous experience working or volunteering in fragile or low income countries.
- Organisational skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- Dynamism, adaptability and flexibility
- Ability of adapting skills and competencies to contexts with limited resources and capacity to effectively cooperate with the national staff.
- Availability to stay in the field for 6-12 months.