At hospital level
- Work side-by side with national staff for clinical activities and supervision.
- Formal and on-the-job training of national personnel.
- Collaborate in the development and application of guidelines, protocols, and tools for quality improvement.
- Contribute to the organisation of delivery room and maternity wards.
- Supervising data collection.
- Collaborate in the monitoring of drugs and medical supplies.
Public Health Midwives
- Supervising peripheral health facilities and the obstetric and ANC services provided.
- If present during obstetric emergencies, taking part in their management and supporting the referral of critical cases.
- On-the-job training and supervision of national staff in peripheral health facilities.
- Supervise the management of drugs, medical supplies and equipment in the field of competence.
- Participate in outreach activities and in the elaboration of information, education and communication (IEC) material.
- Ensure that health data are collected accurately.
- Collaborating in data collection and analysis and drawing up the necessary reports.
- Degree in Midwifery.
- Public Health Certificate/Diploma for PH roles.
- Good knowledge of English, French or Portuguese (depending on the country of destination).
- Professional experience in the field of intervention.
- Preferable previous experience – working or volunteering – in fragile or low income countries.
- Ability of adapting skills and competencies to contexts with limited resources and capacity to effectively cooperate with the national staff.
- Availability to stay in the field for 6-12 months.