- Collaborate in the management of nursing staff.
- Work side-by-side with national personnel for clinical activities and supervision, to improve the quality of nursing care.
- Nursing organisation at ward level.
- Formal and on-the-job training of national staffl.
- Contribute to the monitoring of drugs and health supplies.
- Cooperate in development and application of guidelines, protocols and tools for quality improvement.
- Supervise data collection.
Public Health Nurses
- Supervise peripheral health facilities and the outpatient, vaccination and pharmaceutical services provided
- If present during clinical emergencies, taking part in their management and supporting the referral of critical cases.
- On-the-job training and supervision of national staff in peripheral health facilities.
- Supervise the management of drugs, medical supplies and equipment.
- Participate in outreach activities and in the elaboration of information, education and communication (IEC) material.
- Ensure that health data are collected accurately.
- Collaborating in data collection and analysis and drawing up the necessary reports.
- Nursing Degree
- Degree or Certificate in Public Health for PH nurse job positions.
- Good knowledge of English, French, or Portuguese (depending on the destination country).
- Professional experience in the field of intervention.
- Preferable previous experience – working or volunteering – in fragile or low income countries.
- Ability of adapting skills and competencies to contexts with limited resources and capacity to effectively cooperate with the national staff.
- Availability to stay in the field for 6-12 months.