- Ensuring a good management and smooth running of the Paediatric ward and related units (Neonatology, Malnutrition, etc.)
- Supervising and supporting the quality of paediatric/neonatology services, also performing clinical activities.
- Collaborate with other doctors to ensure the smooth running of the hospital in all its components, including on-call guard and night calls.
- Contribute to on-the-job training and formal training of ward staff.
- Collaborate in any operational research and scientific documentation activities.
- Act as a tutor of a resident doctor involved in our Junior Project Officer program (if required).
- Degree in Medicine and Specialisation or equivalent qualification in Paediatrics.
- Good knowledge of English, French or Portuguese (depending on the destination country).
- Professional experience in paediatric and/or neonatology field.
- Preferable previous experience – working or volunteering – in fragile or low income countries.
- Ability of adapting skills and competencies to contexts with limited resources and capacity to effectively cooperate with the national staff.
- Availability to stay in the field for 6-12 months.