European regulation for the protection of personal data n. 679/2016
Leg. Dec. 30 June 2003 n. 196 (Italian personal data protection code)
Privacy for this website. Doctors with Africa CUAMM (operated by the “Opera San Francesco Saverio” foundation) gives great importance to user privacy and undertakes to respect the terms established by applicable regulations (Leg. Dec. 30 June 2003 n. 196, hereinafter “Code,” and the (EU) Regulation 2016/679, hereinafter “the Regulation”).
This notice provides information about processing personal data that Doctors with Africa CUAMM collects through this website (hereinafter “Website”) and, therefore, in compliance with the above regulations, constitutes the privacy notice for parties that access it. The purpose of this privacy notice is to provide the maximum transparency with regard to the information that the www.mediciconlafrica.org Website collects and how it uses it.
Disclosure requirements. The Regulation sets a series of obligations on data controllers who process the personal data of others (interested parties).
This notice is provided only and exclusively for Doctors with Africa CUAMM Website (www.mediciconlafrica.org) and not for other web sites that may be consulted by the user through hyperlinks.
Data Controller. The Data Controller is Doctors with Africa CUAMM, registered office in Via S. Francesco, 126 – 35121 Padova, Tax Code 00677540288, tel. +39 049 8751279, fax +39 049 8754738, email email@example.com.
Data processing. Processing means any operation or set of operations, performed with or without the aid of automated processes applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting, modifying, extracting, consulting, using, communicating by sending, disseminating or any other mode of making the data available, comparing or interconnecting, limiting, deleting, or destroying.
Interested party. Interested person means the identified or identifiable natural person (User) whose personal data the data controller processes.
Data type. During processing, the data controller may become aware of personal data, which in all cases is provided spontaneously by Users when interacting with the Website’s functions or when asking to use services that the Site offers. This data may be:
- general, such as name, an identification number, location data, email address, an online ID;
- specific, i.e. personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade-union membership, as well as genetic data, biometric data designed to uniquely identify a physical person, data concerning health or sexual life, or sexual orientation of the individual;
- browsing data.
Purposes of processing. The purposes of the personal data processing by the Data Controller are strictly related to and serving the purpose of contacts initiated through the Website. The data processing purposes are related to executing:
- donations to the Data Controller and maintaining contact with the user in order to send updates about organizational activities made possible in part by donations received;
- to register to participate in solidarity and awareness-raising events/initiatives, to request newsletters/magazines, e-mail messages, text messages, updates about the international cooperation program and other Data Controller initiatives and activities
- requests for collaborations;
- requests to suppliers;
- management of curriculum vitae received by candidates.
Lawfulness of processing. Personal data processing is lawful if:
- the interested party expressly gave consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purpose:
- the processing is necessary to execute a contract of which the interested party is a party or to execute pre-contractual measures requested by the interested party
- the processing is needed to pursue the legitimate interest of the data controller or third parties, provided that it does infringe not the interests, rights and basic freedoms of the interested party, which requires protection of the personal data, in particular if the interested party is a minor.
Processing methods. The processing is done with information/automated systems and paper/manual systems for recording, managing, and sending the data with systems closely tied to the above purposes, on the part of individuals specifically engaged for that purpose. Specific security measures are adopted to prevent the loss of data, illicit or incorrect use of data and unauthorized access to the data.
Communication and dissemination of data. The data will be processed by staff engaged by the Data Controller and will not be disclosed to third parties except, depending on the specific purpose, to consultants, data processing companies, supervisory authorities and supervising bodies pursuant to inspections / audits or in cases provided for by the law, to subjects appointed to reviews, auditing and certification, to banks, post offices and credit card issuers to manage donation payments, insurance companies, and technical service providers (for example CRM managers, printers, couriers, hosting providers, IT companies, and communication agencies).
It is not possible to disseminate the data to undetermined subjects.
Data retention. Your data is stored on a server located within the European Union. The retention period of the interested party’s data is limited to the time needed to execute the request, or the contact received through the Website, and, in all cases, strictly correlated to the specific processing purpose.
For purposes related to contact with donors and in the area of raising awareness about organizational activities and initiatives/events organized by the Data Holder, the data retention is for 5 years from the last contact with the interested party.
For purposes related to relationships with suppliers, the retention duration is 10 years from the end of the relationship; personal data may be processed for a longer duration when an event occurs that interrupts and/or suspends the terms and justifies an extension of the processing duration.
For the purposes of collecting curriculum vitae of candidates applying to participate in the Data Holder’s activity, the retention duration is 5 years.
Specific security measures are observed to prevent loss of data, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
More information and the rights of the interested party. For the purposes of correct and transparent processing, we inform you that the interested party:
- can obtain confirmation of whether or not there is personal data about him or her;
- can ask the data controller to access the personal data and update it, correct it, add to it, delete it, limit its processing or refuse its processing, including for sending the data controller’s organizational material, excepting for the legitimate interest in its processing by the Data Controller;
- the interested party has the right to the portability of his or her personal data whenever possible in relation to the processing purposes;
- when the personal data processing is based on the consent of the interested party (or those with parental authority) may revoke the consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was revoked;
- the interested party may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- the interested party’s always provides his or her data spontaneously. The data provision is fully optional and directly tied to the above-stated purposes. The provision of the data is mandatory if connected to executing a contract. In the case that refusal to provide data or consent to its processing or communication makes it impossible to provide requested information or services or to execute the contract;
- the personal data shall not be subject to profiling, other than within the scope of purposes related to donations and other communication and awareness-raising regarding the Data Processor’s initiatives in order to assess the level of interest and participation of interested parties in the Data Processor’s activities.
How to exercise rights. At any moment, you may exercise rights by sending:
- A registered letter with return receipt to Doctors with Africa CUAMM, with registered office at Via S. Francesco, 126 35121 Padova
- An e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Processor is not responsible for personal data that the User shares on the Data Processor’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Flickr platforms made available to promote the sharing of content and initiatives, and that could be improperly handled by third parties.
During regular operation, the Website collects some data transmitted as an implicit part of the use of internet communication protocols.
For example: IP addresses or domain names of the devices used by the users, addresses and the schedule of resource requests, and the method used in submitting the requests to the server. This Data is used anonymously and only for statistical purposes in relation to use of the site and to check its correct operation.
This website uses technical cookies to make it possible to provide its service.
We also use the following third-party cookies to enhance the browsing experience of our site:
- Google Analytics.
“Analytical” cookies to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the website.
More information: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Google Calendar & Maps.
“Embedded” cookies to allow viewing of the services linked to the Data Controller’s Google account
More information: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
“Embedded” cookies to allow viewing of the services linked to the Data Controller’s Facebook account.
More information: https://facebook.com/about/privacy
“Embedded” cookies to allow viewing of the services linked to the Data Controller’s Issuu account
More information: https://twitter.com/privacy
“Embedded” cookies to allow viewing of the services linked to the Data Controller’s YouTube account
More information: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
“Embedded” cookies to allow viewing of services linked to the Data Controller’s Issuu account
More information: http://issuu.com/legal/privacy
“Embedded” cookies allow to view services related the Data Controller’s Flickr account.
More information: https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/products/flickr/index.html
We also use marketing and profiling cookies, which allow us to use personalized ads on our activities on Google and Facebook, based on the browsing behavior of users on our site:
- Facebook Pixel (allows monitoring of conversations of Facebook subscribers): https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
Help guides on removing cookies from the main browsers: